Giving & Support
- · Applicants must currently be employed by Saint Elizabeth Community and have completed a minimum of one year of service.
· Applicants must be in good standing at the time of application.
· The scholarship is open to those studying to advance a career in the field of their choosing. Eligible examples include: a certified Nursing Assistant studying to be a Registered Nurse, a Dietary Aide studying to be a Physical Therapy Assistant, or a Registered Nurse studying to be a Physician’s Assistant. Areas outside of patient care are also eligible provided studies are to promote career advancement ie. Billing Clerk studying for a degree in Finance; Administrative Assistant studying Business Management.
· Applicants may currently hold any position within Saint Elizabeth Community and be employed by any location within Saint Elizabeth Community.
· Scholarship funds are to be used for certification training courses or college-level classes. Continuing education programs do not qualify.
· Scholarship recipients remain eligible for tuition reimbursement opportunities available as an employee benefit through Human Resources.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee to ensure eligibility. Candidates will be evaluated on the information provided as part of the application process as well as work history, performance, letters of commendation in the personnel file, and length of tenure.
The Gertrude G. Campanella Scholarship award winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The award may be used for any tuition and fees associated with the intended course. Should the cost of the course not expend the full award amount, the balance of the scholarship amount may be used towards required texts or towards an additional class.
Funds will be available for one year following the award date in order to allow flexibility. The recipient will be required to provide proof of registration and documented expenses in order to be reimbursed. Those affected by financial hardship may request direct payment to the program of their choice to avoid out-of-pocket expenses.